Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > Off-topic > Politics Forum
Fluid Motor Union
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #761  
Old 09-29-2023, 05:49 PM
Maruzo's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 904
Maruzo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcredliner View Post
Sunny and 71 degrees, tomorrow 78 and Wednesday 81 where I am. Windows looking over the lake, Bald Eagle nest about 10 yards away from the window, can hear the loons in the evening, a bear walked across the grounds today. 1100 miles from Dallas, drove the X5M, got 17.4 MPH. Will be here for a month. Have a fishing guide booked for later this week. How are things your way?
I love my X5M. Had to replace a bunch of aux coolant hoses and vent lines nestled on top of the turbos because of cracks and leaks. I suspect there were probably vacuum leaks due to these cracked vent lines?

Anyway, the X5M drove awesome afterwards. I drained and replaced 75% of the transmission fluid and the car wasn't shifting right for a few weeks. It is now almost back to normal. The sudden jerks from start and low speed upshifts are almost gone.

Going on a 450 miles road trip with a few tennis buddies to compete in the USTA nationals next month. Hope the truck drive well and don't let me down!

Fingers crossed!
__________________
2003 X5 4.6is Estoril Blue, acquired March 2018
2013 128i M Sport 6 MT Space Grey daily driver
2010 535xi 6 MT Barbera Red
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

  #762  
Old 09-29-2023, 07:11 PM
bcredliner's Avatar
Premier Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Little Elm,Texas. (40 minutes North of Dallas)
Posts: 8,098
bcredliner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruzo View Post
I love my X5M. Had to replace a bunch of aux coolant hoses and vent lines nestled on top of the turbos because of cracks and leaks. I suspect there were probably vacuum leaks due to these cracked vent lines?

Anyway, the X5M drove awesome afterwards. I drained and replaced 75% of the transmission fluid and the car wasn't shifting right for a few weeks. It is now almost back to normal. The sudden jerks from start and low speed upshifts are almost gone.

Going on a 450 miles road trip with a few tennis buddies to compete in the USTA nationals next month. Hope the truck drive well and don't let me down!

Fingers crossed!
Have a great time!

Our trip went well no problems. Now it is time to replace the plugs and coils- preventative maintenance.
__________________
X5 4.6 2002 Black Sap, Black interior. 2013 X5M Melbourne Red, Bamboo interior
Dallas
Reply With Quote
  #763  
Old 10-02-2023, 01:15 AM
crystalworks's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: SA, TX
Posts: 6,373
crystalworks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruzo View Post
Going on a 450 miles road trip with a few tennis buddies to compete in the USTA nationals next month. Hope the truck drive well and don't let me down!

Fingers crossed!
Good luck on your tennis trip. Nationals in Vegas? Tucson? I know they rotate the location but I haven't been in... ~5 years maybe?

I had to stop playing... back got too bad and the insurance company has been fighting me for 2 years (almost) for the MRI to figure out what might help me. Oh well. I'll keep trying. I miss playing tennis, even if I have to drop down a level to be competitive now.
__________________
2005 X5 4.4i Build 04/05 Maintenance/Build Log
Nav, Pano, Sport (Purchased 06/14 w/ 109,000 miles) (Sold 8/15 w/121,000 miles)


2006 X5 4.8is Build 11/05 Maintenance/Build Log
Nav, DSP, Pano, Running Boards, OEM Tow Hitch, Cold Weather Pckg (Purchased 08/15 w/ 90,500 miles)

2010 X5 35d Build 02/10
Nav, HiFi, 6 DVD, Sports Pckg, Cold Weather Pckg, HUD, CAS, Running Boards, Leather Dash, PDC, Pano (Purchased 03/17 w/ 136,120 miles)
Reply With Quote
  #764  
Old 10-04-2023, 10:26 PM
Maruzo's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 904
Maruzo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcredliner View Post
Have a great time!

Our trip went well no problems. Now it is time to replace the plugs and coils- preventative maintenance.
Thanks! I left a bottle of Luca engine oil stop leak in the spare tire compartment and the cap must have popped open, draining a good amount into the compartment and seeping all over the metal frame underneath!

I spent a good part of this afternoon soaking up all the oil and tried my best to wash off the carpet with a general purpose cleaner and brush. The oil smell is still there but there's no time to do a second treatment. I placed workshop towels under the carpet and put back everything. Will try baking soda to bring out the oil stains after I come back from the trip.
__________________
2003 X5 4.6is Estoril Blue, acquired March 2018
2013 128i M Sport 6 MT Space Grey daily driver
2010 535xi 6 MT Barbera Red
Reply With Quote
  #765  
Old 10-04-2023, 10:33 PM
Maruzo's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 904
Maruzo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalworks View Post
Good luck on your tennis trip. Nationals in Vegas? Tucson? I know they rotate the location but I haven't been in... ~5 years maybe?

I had to stop playing... back got too bad and the insurance company has been fighting me for 2 years (almost) for the MRI to figure out what might help me. Oh well. I'll keep trying. I miss playing tennis, even if I have to drop down a level to be competitive now.
Thanks! Trip starts tomorrow and it's in Tucson. I heard the facility is great. Looking forward to spending some fun time competing under the sun.

This is my second year playing usta, we won the spring sectionals for men's 40 and over 3.5 doubles.

We booked an airbnb with a pool, so pool party after match!

p.s. You should get that MRI asap. I just went to a tennis buddy's funeral today. He had adenocarcinoma and recently passed. He didn't know he had it. Complained about back pains when he played with us. The pain got so bad he finally got it checked out and turned out the cancer had spread to his back. He didn't feel anything wrong with his lung.
__________________
2003 X5 4.6is Estoril Blue, acquired March 2018
2013 128i M Sport 6 MT Space Grey daily driver
2010 535xi 6 MT Barbera Red
Reply With Quote
  #766  
Old 10-04-2023, 10:33 PM
EODguy's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Saudi Arabia/Philippines/USA
Posts: 3,704
EODguy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruzo View Post
Thanks! I left a bottle of Luca engine oil stop leak in the spare tire compartment and the cap must have popped open, draining a good amount into the compartment and seeping all over the metal frame underneath!



I spent a good part of this afternoon soaking up all the oil and tried my best to wash off the carpet with a general purpose cleaner and brush. The oil smell is still there but there's no time to do a second treatment. I placed workshop towels under the carpet and put back everything. Will try baking soda to bring out the oil stains after I come back from the trip.
Get some Oil Eater and use it full strength!!

Make sure it's not the pre-diluted one.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk
__________________
"When the Team Chief said.... You're trapped in a hole with nothing but a goat and a slinky, what do you do? Stubby said, I'm not sure but it won't end well for the goat...." ~(Overheard) Last day, Phase 3, Q Course
Reply With Quote
  #767  
Old 10-04-2023, 10:37 PM
Maruzo's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 904
Maruzo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EODguy View Post
Get some Oil Eater and use it full strength!!

Make sure it's not the pre-diluted one.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk
Thanks for the tip EOD. Will try it when I get back.
__________________
2003 X5 4.6is Estoril Blue, acquired March 2018
2013 128i M Sport 6 MT Space Grey daily driver
2010 535xi 6 MT Barbera Red
Reply With Quote
  #768  
Old 10-04-2023, 10:41 PM
EODguy's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Saudi Arabia/Philippines/USA
Posts: 3,704
EODguy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruzo View Post
Thanks for the tip EOD. Will try it when I get back.
No worries, it's non-toxic and biodegradable. Keep it off glass (bitch to remove streaks) and can discolor HOT aluminum, but it doesn't leave stains on cloth. I have used it in the washing machine to clean oily work clothes.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk
__________________
"When the Team Chief said.... You're trapped in a hole with nothing but a goat and a slinky, what do you do? Stubby said, I'm not sure but it won't end well for the goat...." ~(Overheard) Last day, Phase 3, Q Course
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:55 AM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.