Xoutpost.com

Xoutpost.com (https://xoutpost.com/forums.php)
-   X1 (E84) Forum (https://xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-forums/x1-e84-forum/)
-   -   X1 sighting in NJ today (https://xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-forums/x1-e84-forum/85037-x1-sighting-nj-today.html)

Thunder22 12-16-2011 10:21 PM

X1 sighting in NJ today
 
Driving to work this morning I passed a blue X1 with California manufacturer plates followed by a tan 535 hybrid.

Couldn't get any pics.

LeMansX5 12-17-2011 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunder22 (Post 856654)
Driving to work this morning I passed a blue X1 with California manufacturer plates followed by a tan 535 hybrid.

Couldn't get any pics.

:thumbup: on 287 north?
5-series hybrid will be on display at Detroit show next month, to be released shortly after that. X1 release in US is on hold as BMW is dealing with heavy demand in Europe.

FSETH 12-17-2011 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunder22 (Post 856654)
Driving to work this morning I passed a blue X1 with California manufacturer plates followed by a tan 535 hybrid.

Couldn't get any pics.

What did you think of it (X1)?

JCL 12-17-2011 12:33 PM

I've driven a new X1 a few times, it is owned by a family member. It is Vermillion Red, which looks good on it (no longer showing up in the configurator, though, so it may not be a common colour going forward).

This one replaced a Honda CRV, which had replaced a 325 touring. The Honda was strongly disliked, this one is a return to a familiar BMW feel; steering feel, handling, and switchgear are all rated highly. Power is considered more than necessary by the primary driver. All seasons were just replaced by dedicated winter tires on replica wheels, necessary in the snow belt here.

First recall was for transmission communication, minor item. Pretty good power from the 28i four cylinder, but it will be better as it breaks in. Also expecting fuel mileage to improve with break-in, as this one was showing figures pretty close to our X3 on the OBC.

motordavid 12-17-2011 03:31 PM

We saw them by the dozens when we were in Vancouver this past summer...I would have taken pics, but I thought no big deal. The CEO liked it a lot.

And, I was busy driving through Van area traffic, like a freakin tourist so pics were not cake. :rofl:

The Roundel mag says late '12 or 2013, as 'they are selling so well in Euroland', et al.
GL, mD

Thunder22 12-18-2011 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeMansX5 (Post 856669)
:thumbup: on 287 north?
5-series hybrid will be on display at Detroit show next month, to be released shortly after that. X1 release in US is on hold as BMW is dealing with heavy demand in Europe.

No, Garden State Parkway South, just south of exit 151.

Thunder22 12-18-2011 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FSETH (Post 856693)
What did you think of it (X1)?

I saw a few in London when I was there last year, they're stylish . It looks like a slightly smaller version of the Audi Q5 (which I now own - 2012 Prem +)

FSETH 12-20-2011 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunder22 (Post 856826)
I saw a few in London when I was there last year, they're stylish . It looks like a slightly smaller version of the Audi Q5 (which I now own - 2012 Prem +)

Have you been happy with your Q5? Now that I sold off our e53, I have realized that our Volvo s60 may not be big enough for my growing family. I never realized how cramped the back seat is in that vehicle. The leg room is much less than you would expect, which means less room for rear facing car seats and such. The s60 is a company vehicle that also serves as the primary family car (my wife's boss is awesome like that) seeing as I baby my e46 M3 and it has two doors and all. There may be a time in the near future where I have to suck it up and get a larger car. I was actually starting to look at the Q5 and A4 Avant. Never would have thought I would consider a wagon, but the A4 Avant looks pretty good, imo, has all wheel drive and gets much better gas mileage than most SUV's.

FSETH 12-20-2011 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCL (Post 856699)
I've driven a new X1 a few times, it is owned by a family member. It is Vermillion Red, which looks good on it (no longer showing up in the configurator, though, so it may not be a common colour going forward).

This one replaced a Honda CRV, which had replaced a 325 touring. The Honda was strongly disliked, this one is a return to a familiar BMW feel; steering feel, handling, and switchgear are all rated highly. Power is considered more than necessary by the primary driver. All seasons were just replaced by dedicated winter tires on replica wheels, necessary in the snow belt here.

First recall was for transmission communication, minor item. Pretty good power from the 28i four cylinder, but it will be better as it breaks in. Also expecting fuel mileage to improve with break-in, as this one was showing figures pretty close to our X3 on the OBC.

Thank for the review! It seems like it is taking forever for BMW to get these here. I would love to see one in person. I can't remember what the est. price is going to be on these, but I would guess it is over the $35k I was wanting to spend on a couple year old Q5 or A4 Avant.

Meiac09 12-20-2011 10:30 PM

I tried in vain to get the X1 23d for a rental in Germany but had to settle for a new 335d... It seems almost to fit in where the Allroad does/did in Audi's lineup. Its definately not as tall as an SUV, more like a high wagon than anything. I like it though, has a ton of headroom and enough space to sit in in the back (6 foot 2).


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:38 PM.

vBulletin, Copyright 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved.