Xoutpost.com

Xoutpost.com (https://xoutpost.com/forums.php)
-   X5 (E53) Forum (https://xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-forums/x5-e53-forum/)
-   -   Crystalworks Audio Install (Android 10.25" Screen) (https://xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-forums/x5-e53-forum/109411-crystalworks-audio-install-android-10-25-screen.html)

crystalworks 12-30-2018 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semcoinc (Post 1150448)
Here is the TPMS I purchased and integrated into my rear camera video feed using the supplied interface box

That looks like a comprehensive unit. Can the valve stem sensors be removed easily for adding air or do you need the wrench? Also how large are those things, hard to tell given the pictures they used. Are they unsightly? LOL this would be a third trigger event (pushing the TPMS button) for the reverse trigger on the head unit the way I had planned on wiring the setup. Might have to do some more thinking as I was going to tie into the factory PDC to trigger and that won't function above 25mph(? I think). Would obviously want to be able to check tire pressures at any speed.

I had been looking for systems with the sensor inside the tire like OE systems but this would certainly save installation costs.

Overboost 12-31-2018 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crystalworks (Post 1150445)

For $68, I ordered one of these CYHY mirror housing cameras as well. I got an email from Avin this morning claiming the Dual DVR system may not work with the new Avant-3. WTF?

I am totally second guessing my decision to go with Avin. They just seem to be less than organized...

crystalworks 12-31-2018 12:46 PM

Damn. I started posting about this camera yesterday but the family pulled me away mid post. It sucks. Doesn't workat all for me. It's a WiFi camera and won't stay connected to my phone. Came with an obd2 dongle for power... Not mentioned in the ad or what I wanted.

But the housing fit is perfect. Going to order a small camera and remove the one it came with. The housing is worth the $68 to me but I'll be leaving a negative review for sure on it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overboost (Post 1150559)
I am totally second guessing my decision to go with Avin. They just seem to be less than organized...

The Avin will most likely do what you are looking for, but getting any answers to technical questions is out of the question. It was the same with the Avant 2. I would ask questions regarding certain functionality and get vague or even incorrect answers in response. :dunno: I don't think they are any different than any of the other Chinese vendors out there when it comes to actual product support. The warranty was handled quickly though. :dunno:

Overboost 12-31-2018 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crystalworks (Post 1150563)
Damn. I started posting about this camera yesterday but the family pulled me away mid post. It sucks. Doesn't workat all for me. It's a WiFi camera and won't stay connected to my phone. Came with an obd2 dongle for power... Not mentioned in the ad or what I wanted.

But the housing fit is perfect. Going to order a small camera and remove the one it came with. The housing is worth the $68 to me but I'll be leaving a negative review for sure on it.

I noticed in the Q and A that there is a video out/power cable that must be requested upon order. I did request that cable so we will see... I guess the WiFi does have issues in the app connecting and disconnecting from what I read but it is just a simple dash cam in the end so I am not thinking I will need the WiFi or the app. :dunno:

crystalworks 12-31-2018 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overboost (Post 1150567)
I noticed in the Q and A that there is a video out/power cable that must be requested upon order. I did request that cable so we will see... I guess the WiFi does have issues in the app connecting and disconnecting from what I read but it is just a simple dash cam in the end so I am not thinking I will need the WiFi or the app. :dunno:

I could not get it to stay powered up without the WiFi connected, and as soon as WiFi would disconnect the camera would soon power down after that. And with no way to see output I wasn't sure it was doing anything. I saw that about the AV cable too but we'll see how you make out. I could just cut the OBD2 dongle and splice into power but I'm not sure I want to go that route. Let me know how you get on with yours, maybe I'll get with them about that AV cable but I don't think this camera is for me at present.

Overboost 12-31-2018 02:26 PM

The harness shown in the Amazon link shows 12V, ACC and GND. Like you, I see nothing indicating a OBDII connection in powering it up. Mine my go back too...

Overboost 01-01-2019 09:36 PM

FYI, CYHY camera vendor emailed me claiming they don't have the video out cable for the camera. Order cancelled...

crystalworks 01-07-2019 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overboost (Post 1150672)
FYI, CYHY camera vendor emailed me claiming they don't have the video out cable for the camera. Order cancelled...

Yep, I might send mine back. I can not find a suitable camera to place in that housing. Too bad because it fits very nicely. I was going to order another backup camera but the resolution on those is just not good enough for a front dash cam. Needs to be able to read plates and the like. Try as I might, can't find something that has a big enough sensor or good enough low light performance. :dunno:

Leaning towards a standalone front camera now... this is the front runner so far. Thoughts?

Street Guardian Dashcam

bcredliner 01-07-2019 02:15 PM

I think standalone dash cam is the best route. I wouldn't mess with unit without confirmation/assistance from vendor. And, if standalone, it can be portable.

crystalworks 01-07-2019 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcredliner (Post 1151330)
I think standalone dash cam is the best route. I wouldn't mess with unit without confirmation/assistance from vendor. And, if standalone, it can be portable.

I'm certainly leaning that way as it stands. I agree completely about the after purchase support though I am tech savvy enough to where that is rarely necessary... or desired. I can not stand phone trees.

But I disagree about the last part as I do not want it to be portable at all. I wanted it integrated/hidden as much as possible. I will NEVER take it out... I wanted it to be extremely difficult to do so as well so as to not attract any unwanted attention to my windshield. I will probably epoxy in to the mount.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:46 PM.

vBulletin, Copyright 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved.