Xoutpost.com

Xoutpost.com (https://xoutpost.com/forums.php)
-   X5 (E53) Forum (https://xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-forums/x5-e53-forum/)
-   -   Crystalworks Audio Install (Android 10.25" Screen) (https://xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-forums/x5-e53-forum/109411-crystalworks-audio-install-android-10-25-screen.html)

Crowz 02-07-2019 07:13 PM

Is that an active or passive screen. Some phones make the screen look different than it is in real life so that may be it. It just seems washed out to me. But it may just be the camera pics of it.

Fuzzy like or something.

Like the mounting though !

wpoll 02-07-2019 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crystalworks (Post 1154318)
Fine, fine... I'll take pictures as soon as I get the truck back tomorrow. ;)

That's not the only big screen option for the e53 Wayne.

So I see. I hadn't spotted that screen. :thumbup:

It's a whopper, although not really that much larger than the 9" due to the aspect ratio of the screen (wider rather than larger overall).

But damn nice!! :popcorn:

mr_robot 02-07-2019 07:15 PM

Need a picture further away to see the whole dash.

And I agree the dash doesnít have enough contrast.

Have you ever seen the E46 M3 competition pkg trims? Something like this would be nice. Itís like a textured brushed/silver aluminum looking thing.

crystalworks 02-07-2019 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crowz (Post 1154582)
Is that an active or passive screen. Some phones make the screen look different than it is in real life so that may be it. It just seems washed out to me. But it may just be the camera pics of it.

Fuzzy like or something.

Like the mounting though !

That's just the way it photographs on the phone. I can either take a super sharp shot of the screen up close. Or get a wider shot of the fitment and dashboard, but not both. Maybe I could play with the manual settings on the camera app, but I just snapped those quickly. In person, the screen is pretty darn sharp.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wpoll (Post 1154583)
So I see. I hadn't spotted that screen. :thumbup:

It's a whopper, although not really that much larger than the 9" due to the aspect ratio of the screen (wider rather than larger overall).

But damn nice!! :popcorn:

So far... I think it is going to fit the bill nicely. Correct on the wider aspect ratio, but it's a such a huge upgrade that it's perfectly fine. Especially for $350.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_robot (Post 1154584)
Need a picture further away to see the whole dash.

And I agree the dash doesnít have enough contrast.

Have you ever seen the E46 M3 competition pkg trims? Something like this would be nice. Itís like a textured brushed/silver aluminum looking thing.

I'll take some after she's inside. Those were quick and dirty to get something up for you guys. I'll keep playing with the trim... I've got a bunch of different films here. I did a brushed silver and that was okay, but looked cheap to me. So the testing continues. :dunno:

Crowz 02-07-2019 07:37 PM

As long as its clear in person that's all that matters. I have seen screens that look fuzzy when photographed. So that's why I asked.

Overboost 02-07-2019 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crystalworks (Post 1154578)
Okay fellaz. Here is your pron. Jeez, like 10 year olds watching scrambled HBO. ;) Hmmm... think I dated myself there.

Oh yeah. I remember the "picaso channel" well. One boob in the upper left corner and one in the lower right corner. Good times! :thumbup:

Crowz 02-07-2019 07:42 PM

I also remember the joke about when peoples sat dishes were pointed straight up you knew what they were watching and it wasn't hbo. Seems all of "those" channels were on that sat.

PropellerHead 02-07-2019 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overboost (Post 1154592)
Oh yeah. I remember the "picaso channel" well. One boob in the upper left corner and one in the lower right corner. Good times! :thumbup:

To say nothing of what was happening at the time with my hands... :eeps:

Overboost 02-07-2019 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PropellerHead (Post 1154595)
To say nothing of what was happening at the time with my hands... :eeps:

I hereby invoke my Fifth Amendment rights.

https://www.e46fanatics.com/forum/im...ilies/jack.gif

PropellerHead 02-07-2019 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overboost (Post 1154597)
I hereby invoke my Fifth Amendment rights.

I was close. Exercising my right five appendages.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:36 AM.

vBulletin, Copyright 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
© 2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved.