Xoutpost.com

Xoutpost.com (https://xoutpost.com/forums.php)
-   X5 (E53) Forum (https://xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-forums/x5-e53-forum/)
-   -   Time for valve stem seals... 2005, 4.4i, 113,000 miles (https://xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-forums/x5-e53-forum/110108-time-valve-stem-seals-2005-4-4i-113-000-miles.html)

X5only 05-07-2019 08:22 PM

I speak 4 languages and I still ran out of curse words while doing the alternator bracket gasket :iagree:. Congratulations for getting it done in 6 hours :thumbup:.

EODguy 05-07-2019 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by X5only (Post 1161770)
I speak 4 languages and I still ran out of curse words while doing the alternator bracket gasket :iagree:. Congratulations for getting it done in 6 hours [emoji106].

I am sure you now actually speak a 5th language, one made up entirely of e53 inspired words.

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

Purplefade 05-07-2019 08:36 PM

I’m one language and a VERY LITTLE BIT of Spanish... I definitely needed those other 2 languages - because I had to start recycling words!

Not sure what I was thinking... I watched dozens of videos and read dozens of “how tos”, knew it was a beast job but had this “zen” going... right up until stuff got real and it took me the better part of an hour to get the top two diff bolts loose...

I have a real nice battle wound on the back of my skull that bled forever until I packed a few clean paper towels between my head and my headlight band...

crystalworks 05-07-2019 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Purplefade (Post 1161772)
I’m one language and a VERY LITTLE BIT of Spanish... I definitely needed those other 2 languages - because I had to start recycling words!

Not sure what I was thinking... I watched dozens of videos and read dozens of “how tos”, knew it was a beast job but had this “zen” going... right up until stuff got real and it took me the better part of an hour to get the top two diff bolts loose...

I have a real nice battle wound on the back of my skull that bled forever until I packed a few clean paper towels between my head and my headlight band...

Congrats though. I have that same gasket here in my "parts to be installed bin." I fear the day it becomes necessary.

My daughter is working on getting me sick (and the entire household of course). My nerves with the son unit are short (he's 2.5) because I'm not felling well, a bathroom remodel, and I'm on my second "das boot" of rum/diet to cope. I assume when my time comes to do the alternator bracket gasket, I'll feel like today was a cake walk. :rofl:

Purplefade 05-07-2019 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crystalworks (Post 1161773)
Congrats though. I have that same gasket here in my "parts to be installed bin." I fear the day it becomes necessary.



My daughter is working on getting me sick (and the entire household of course). My nerves with the son unit are short (he's 2.5) because I'm not felling well, a bathroom remodel, and I'm on my second "das boot" of rum/diet to cope. I assume when my time comes to do the alternator bracket gasket, I'll feel like today was a cake walk. :rofl:



Brother, I feel your pain in getting sick... my son had a sore throat about 5 days ago, my youngest daughter followed him and now my wife... and I think, as of today, that they got me too! ☹️

I wish you all the best in staying healthy!!

With regard to “cake walk” you are right - today will be a weeee sneeze in your entire life span vs that gasket that will be etched into your worst nightmares for the rest of your life - LOL.

I will say that once you’re finished that this awesome since of calm & victory comes over you!

Orrr, wait - no... that’s all the rum & cokes and Jell-O shots that I’ve had over the last few hours to take the bad memory’s away [emoji38] - sorry about that!

SlickGT1 05-07-2019 09:52 PM

Pretty sure it took me longer. And I did it on a lift at a BMW shop with a mechanic friend. So seriously good job. 6 hours is impressive.

EODguy 05-07-2019 10:07 PM

I still have my memento from doing mine a few months ago....https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...34e3657c58.jpg

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

EODguy 05-07-2019 10:09 PM

Before anyone says it I'm not thick I just have a fat skeleton..[emoji38]

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

Purplefade 05-07-2019 10:17 PM

Oh come on - let’s have some political correctness around here... decency, decency - it’s “big boned” [emoji12]

crystalworks 05-07-2019 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Purplefade (Post 1161781)
Oh come on - let’s have some political correctness around here... decency, decency - it’s “big boned” [emoji12]

All the hip kids would say he's THIIIIICCCCCCCC. ;) :rofl:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:18 AM.

vBulletin, Copyright 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
© 2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved.