View Single Post
Old 09-09-2014, 11:26 AM

Location: Go to Cypress, TX in Google Earth. I'm the guy waving at the satellite.
Budarooski is on a distinguished road
Wow, X5 repairs are expensive and too frequent

2007 X5 4.8 with 52K miles on it...driven 10 miles a day round trip to work.

Developed an oil leak...took it to BMW...$6400 to fix...leaking timing cover gaskets and alternator bracket...wtf???? Alternator bracket??? Turns out oil lines run through that. So I took it to a local european repair shop and they fixed everything for $3K. Hard pill to swallow!

Three weeks later I come to find a pool of antifreeze under my car...$6500 for BMW to fix...same repair shop fixed it for $2K (out of pity and because it wasn't detected earlier they gave me a price break). Turns out the top half of the motor and the transmission has to be removed to fix this coolant leak...I looked it up online to verify. First year of the new E70 had a bad design for a coolant pipe that runs under the intake and cant be removed w/out pulling the transmission. It has the updated coolant pipe so it should never leak again...knock on wood.

So, $5K wasted on repairs for an $80K car that is driven 10 miles a day...what a freakin' joke.

I love the looks, handling, and power of my X5 but f--- me these repairs are expensive and in my book should never have failed to begin with.

Last edited by Budarooski; 09-10-2014 at 10:59 AM.

Sponsored Links