View Single Post
Old 09-11-2014, 01:39 AM
Premier Member

JCL will become famous soon enoughJCL will become famous soon enough
They can't cover things under the warranty when the warranty is expired. They can cover things under a policy account, which means the warranty rules don't apply, it is more of an investment in customer retention. That said, I believe that under the deal you describe, they would look to things that have failed (an issue for warranty) and not things that are simply worn out (an issue for the maintenance plan). If that isn't true, just ask them for four new tires as one of the items, as I am sure they will show at least some wear.

If things have failed, there needs to be evidence of that failure. Unless you have some symptom (noise, roughness, etc) that could be attributed to a failed part (not a worn out part) then it is difficult to see what they would fix.

The obvious thing to check is for any fluid leaks, from any compartment. A road test to make sure it drives and shifts properly. Pull the codes and see what is outstanding. Then look at the report together with your service advisor and agree with him what they will do under this gift program.

Retired:
2008 535i, 6 MT, M Sport, Premium, Space Grey
2003 X5 3.0 Steptronic, Premium, Titanium Silver

2002 325xi 5 MT, Steel Grey
2004 Z4 3.0 Premium, Sport, SMG, Maldives Blue

Sponsored Links