View Single Post
Old 09-16-2014, 03:39 PM

Sweep_the_Leg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouchedag84 View Post
I was on my way to buy a set last week, show up at the guys house to pay for them, call him and he says 'oh sorry, my wife is in the back alley selling them right now'. I wasn't pleased! 18" BMW rims with near new winter tires for $850! damn damn damn! haha
In my experience, Craigslist-type sellers are some of the most inconsiderate people out there. Not sure if most of them are just trying to hedge their bets or what, but I've had some really stupid/awkward/time-wasting situations that could have been avoided by a simple text or call.

I drove my X through last winter with a less-than-new set of Continental ExtremeContact DWS on and it was a beast. Very little sliding, and it carved right through fresh snow up to 4-5" inches with no problems. If I lived in Calgary, I'd probably get a dedicated winter set, but in most environments further south, IMO the ExtremeContacts should work just fine coupled with the X's all-wheel drive.

-2005 X5 4.8is; LED Angel Eyes, LED Sidemarkers, Pioneer AppRadio 2, JL Audio XD700/5, JL Audio Stealthbox, Maxi Cosi Pria 70 Car Seat (currently rear facing), Diono EasyView Back Seat Mirror
-"Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out of mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important." -Kesuke Miyagi

Sponsored Links