View Single Post
Old 10-24-2014, 03:10 PM
Premier Member

bcredliner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugbyte View Post
Hey Brian,

Is there a way to set the thermostat to kick in for few minutes after the ignition is off? I think this would required a micro controller to achieve this setup. Just a though.
Not necessary to do anything special. That's how mine is wired. It is activated by an aftermarket adjustable electric fan controller. I have a temp sensor inserted in the radiator fins that the electric fan controller reads. Regardless if the key is on or off the electric fan will run when the temperature exceeds the setting.

When I turn the engine off after it has reached operating temp the fan continues to run until the temp drops below the temp setting. It takes about 2 minutes for that to happen. For the next 20-30 minutes the fan will come on for about 15-30 seconds about every 5-10 minutes until the radiator temp stays below the thermostat setting. Absolutely no problem with the battery.

Other wiring options are key on fan on, A/C on can be a secondary trigger or thermostatically controlled but stays off when key is off. Because Texas is so hot the best choice is as I have it wired.

The setting for the thermostat is adjustable. I have it set so the electric fan comes just before the OEM pusher fan kicks on.

Sponsored Links