View Single Post
Old 11-02-2014, 06:11 AM

Obioban is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psddoc View Post
My 2011 is a highly modded Velos designworks product. It has an after market 700+ HP tune with akropovic exhaust, suspension mods, rubber, rims, & tons of other stuff that BMW failed to do the first time. After nearly $50K in upgrades, it is finally the way it should be. It's under factory warranty + a service contract & they have not said a word. I called the experts at Velos & they said to just let it ride---not take it off before it went in for work. I believe the thought process is that if they really want to, then they can be dicks. Most of the time they are trying to close their mouths from the inevitable jaw dropping when she comes in that this fails to be a priority. Having said that, I do not trust anyone when it comes to this stuff----especially BMW corporate. At some point you will run across someone who has a vested interest in narcing you out & making a big deal over this.

My method? Glad you asked.....
Each & every time I drive in there for anything on either of my X5's or Dr. Girlfriends 335---and I mean EVERYTIME----I palm a $20 & make sure my girl (service writer) gets this. This provides me with no guarantee of anything, but it does help me with certain issues & gets me better pricing most of the time. As well as pick up & delivery to my home as we have very strange clinical schedules. Granted, I have probably the most modded & unusual X in our area but this tends to set me apart from the hundreds of other people she deals with daily. Basic Pavlovian mechanisms here.

Just a thought.
Sounds like you're incentivizing her to want to see your car in for service

Sponsored Links