View Single Post
Old 11-18-2014, 05:57 PM

mikes123 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SANSABA1 View Post
hi all, i have problem when i start a car after 2rd gear to 3rd gear, when the car is cold safe mode prog come on board and move is very slow.after i turn off car and start after 10 second , there is no messege and no promblem all day long, next day morning there is same problem!! today i checked by computer and there was problem slipping 2rd gear to 3 gear, can anybody tell what i do, some say me there is problem of brain some say abot transsmission problem but why its comes when the car is cold???
You have a completely different problem, you should start a new thread.

Well upon a list of building issues I have with my 4.8is (see my bad luck thread), I was under the car looking for a transmission leak and noticed both of my inner boots are shot. The passenger side was spewing grease all over the place, and the driver's side seemed ok at first but then I noticed a small tear, but no grease has come out yet. The outer boots seemed ok. I have only put 2500 miles on the truck since I had it, and when I had the PPI done I do not remember there being any tears. Haven't noticed any popping noises either. So I ordered 2 new OEM boot repair kits today.

So basically looking over the 30 min CV change thread (it's long haven't read through all of it yet), I just need to unbolt the straight control arm closer to the engine and then pop the axle out of the CV joint? I probably will need to clean up the passenger side a little bit, but I don't think the driver's side has been contaminated at all.

Sponsored Links