View Single Post
Old 11-27-2014, 08:35 AM

Lambeau is on a distinguished road
I am pleasantly surprised with the deep snow performance of my 2011 diesel. I've always used Michelin X-Ice or Blizzaks on all of my vehicles here in Northern Wisconsin and swear by the use of dedicated ice/snow tires. But, my 2011 has the Michelin Latitude Tour in 315/275's and they are much, much better than I ever thought they would be. If I was staying here in Wisconsin for more than this 3 weeks I would install ice tires but am headed to Florida for 3 months on Monday so no ice tires this year. We've already had over 4 feet of snow where I live and have driven through over a foot of snow with no issues on these Latitudes. I never would've expected such good winter performance and trust me, I know the benefits of dedicated ice tires.

I installed Blizzaks on my 2006 X5 when I owned that one and they were amazing and I really thought these huge 315/275's would've really sucked in the snow/ice but they didn't. I would highly recommend Michelin Latitudes for those of you that may have to only occasionally deal with ice and snow.

Here's a pic from Northern Wisconsin last week.
Attached Images

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming: "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

2007 M6
2018 Chevy 2500HD Diesel Alaskan Edition
2011 X5 35d
1972 Chevy K20 4X4
1972 Ford F-600
1959 Chevy Viking 60 Dump Truck
2015 CanAm Outlander XT 1000

Sponsored Links