View Single Post
Old 12-10-2014, 10:24 AM

Ricky Bobby will become famous soon enough
You might need a finishing polish after the FG400, depending on how it finishes down, its fairly versatile though and you might be able to use it with a less aggressive pad (green) to get it to finish down for you. I haven't seen your paint so I'm not sure what you're working with defect wise.

On my Topaz Blue I can get FG400 to finish down ready for LSP with no additional step needed, using an MF cutting pad, on black however you might need a finer polish. If your order hasn't shipped yet I would either add a bottle of Sonax Perfect Finish 4/6 or Menzerna SF4000 to the order, just in case you need that final polish. It will come in handy because now that my finish is maintained and corrected I can probably get by with a quick final polish once a year, and just clay/seal in between every 6 months.

Other than that your list looks good, use the Nanoskin mitt first on the glass (it says it in instructions) to "break it in", you can use car wash soapy water (fresh bucket of suds), after you are done washing, or you can use it with any QD spray (the Megs you mentioned would work fine if you are trying to use old stuff up).

You can definitely use IronX with Nanoscrub and it will do 2 things at once, just remember the mitt was meant to be used with a bucket of sudsy or soapy water so if you are using it with a QD or Iron cut spray to saturate the panels pretty good and keep the mitt wet in a bucket of suds. Lubrication is key with the mitt to prevent marring.

Good call on the Micro Restore, its all I use on my towels. Hope you ordered the gallon of APC, between cleaning the engine bay and tires/wheel wells you'll go through a decent amount of it. Only other thing I would order is the Wheel Woolies or the EZ Detail Brush for wheel barrels and complete wheel cleaning, they are honestly a lifesaver for me because they are so much quicker and easier to get the entire wheel.

I'd pick up a tire/wheel wells scrubbing brush as well in a future order but man you are off to a good start!
82k miles - Alpine White/Cinnamon Brown/Premium Pkg, Sport Activity/Premium Pkg and Sound/20" Style 214/Running Boards

Sponsored Links