View Single Post
Old 01-03-2015, 11:13 PM

crystalworks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by romeokc10 View Post
The new Dynavin N6 is plug and play and now it's DSP compatible, great write up.
Thanks. The Dynavin is a really nice unit but faces many of the same install challenges as the Avin when talking about replacing a factory nav unit. The only glaring difference is the necessary trimming on the corners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKEY53 View Post
Great write up. It's not easy doing it right but you went all out! Extra impressed that you took the time to put the guide together. I had to work through a lot of these issues also, and this would have been a huge help.

P.s. I have asked Jeff to remove the 'E53' camera from his website. Hopefully your source does the same. The camera is for an e39/e46 - such a shame not for ours. Also. Aside from it not fitting - why wouldn't these use a 4 pin micro connector?! Those huge RCA's are a PITA to get through the tail gate as you know!!
Thanks for the compliments. It took over a week to do the write up and edit the pictures. I'm not sure how many will benefit from all the work, but I hope it helps someone... lol. I didn't try for very long to get that RCA through there... haha I cut that thing off in a hurry and re-soldered it later. I agree they could design a small harness to make it easier but I haven't seen a camera use that type of setup yet...

I also mentioned it to Tommy about the camera and will ask him again about it just as a follow up. I wish I had taken pics of just how much modification was necessary to get it to work right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshdub View Post
Thank you for doing the write up. That is a bit disheartening about it not fitting perfectly. Did you bring it up with them? I wouldn't want to have to take a dremel to my brand new $700 unit.
I agree Josh. I was surprised to see that it was necessary but have not mentioned it yet except in the DIY. I sent a copy to Tommy so I'm sure he'll review it. Will follow up with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcredliner View Post
Great write up!
Thanks... my head still hurts from reading, writing, editing, and diagrams. Took a week to get it done... but it turned out pretty nicely (I think). We'll see if this thread sees any traffic or helps anyone. I hope it does, but time will tell.

2006 X5 4.8is Build 11/05 Maintenance/Build Log
Nav, DSP, Pano, Running Boards, OEM Tow Hitch, Cold Weather Pckg (Purchased 08/15 w/ 90,500 miles)

2010 X5 35d Build 02/10
Nav, HiFi, 6 DVD, Sports Pckg, Cold Weather Pckg, HUD, CAS, Running Boards, Leather Dash, PDC, Pano (Purchased 03/17 w/ 136,120 miles)

Sponsored Links