View Single Post
Old 01-07-2015, 02:29 PM

CrazyOneToo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcredliner View Post
Symptoms don't sound like FSR. Usually the fan is indication of bad FSR--cannot control fan speed. Fan might even run when ignition is off. It could be the blend door actuator.
When there is a problem with the system it should default to only heat from the defrost.

First thing I would do is check coolant level if you haven't already done so. If the coolant level is fine I would run a diagnosis to check for errors that might narrow it down. I wouldn't start buying parts yet. there is more troubleshooting to do.
Hi all. So does this actuator go bad regularly? Mine stopped switching between dash, defrost, and heater one night when it was really cold. Now it does switch between them but when its on floor heater it doesn't seems to put much air down there compared to how fast the fan is blowing. I can put my hand down there and feel air but it seems rather lacking in a heater. Another issue....how much air is the back seat fan supposed to blow? When its on I can barely feel anything from that unit even if my hand is right in front of the vent. Thanks for any pointers.

-

1999 BMW 328i sedan with auto...In progress...
2002 BMW X5 3.0i with auto...In progress...
2007 BMW Z4 3.0i 6 speed manual...In progress...

Sponsored Links