View Single Post
Old 01-15-2015, 04:11 PM

Clockwork is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox5 View Post
What research? From who? Show me another battery that'll last 7 years in an off-road truck with high load and harsh conditions, and extended drained periods.
I was just doing research for what batteries are considered better or the best for our e53's and my research ended up being more broad to batteries and warranty adn experiences in any vehicle. Anyhow a LOT of forums (pirate4x4 included) have negative reviews of Optima batts and other options are more accessible/smarter/cheaper cost than the brand name Optima.
To me it seems Optima is living off their name they MADE (just like Apple) and now that the rest of technology has caught up with them and perhaps even surpassed in a few qualities, its now nothing special to have an optima as a power source.

Not trying to offend you personally, but my factory BMW batt lasted almost 10 years and thats with LOTS of daily SHORT trips in stop and go traffic. Probably a more harsh environment than what an offroad truck goes through (battery wise). I'd assume most offroaders are not daily drivers and therefore subjected to different power requirements and the frequency of them is less than a daily driver.
Anyhow, if you like Optima, then go nuts. I just found a better solution for MY needs.

PS: should not really be comparing AGM to non-AGM batteries either tho, to keep it equal in comparisons...
BUT at the end of the day, she loves it when I am inside her.

Sponsored Links