View Single Post
Old 01-23-2015, 04:58 PM

primeral is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetaTre View Post
Oh, sorry... By cleaning, you meant get rid of the matrix. I thought you had a clogged DPF.
It is clogged. That is the only reason I am messing with it. I would not install parts on the X5 for the sole purpose of improving performance, I have another high performance project car that scratches that itch.

My main goal was to actually clean the DPF and reinstall it, not to gut it.

Quote:
Won't work out the box ... You still would have to reflash or find a way to have the DDE measure some backpressure.

How are you going to address the SCR? I have a feeling the catalyst there won't like getting all the soot
Indeed, I was hoping to run a factory system, but now I have no choice but to do a reflash. The matrix in the catalytic converter is not as fine as the DPF, I think it will be fine.

As far as reflashes, I was trying to avoid paying $1000-1200 for a tune. Since I've surrendered to deleting the DPF, I did some homework and there seem to be ECM patching utilities out there that delete one or more of the various emissions control features. The problem is extracting the OEM ECM. The Galletto 1260 cable and utility I have (from my E39 M5 days with the Jailbreak Tune ) isn't compatible with the E70 35d so I was considering a Galletto 2 with V54 software. If anyone has any insight on this matter, please chime in.

Sponsored Links