View Single Post
Old 01-23-2015, 05:06 PM

ZetaTre is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by primeral View Post
It is clogged. That is the only reason I am messing with it. I would not install parts on the X5 for the sole purpose of improving performance, I have another high performance project car that scratches that itch.

My main goal was to actually clean the DPF and reinstall it, not to gut it
So let's solve that problem as I went through the very same issue with my dad's car (a euro version 325d) and discovered my 35d (US) was traveling down that route..

I start by saying I don't know the history of yours so something unique may have happened which makes what I am about to say not applicable.

The primary reason why the DPF fails is because the car doesn't regen. And with BMWs the primary reason why the car doesn't regen is because the thermostat fails and does not allow the engine to stay at the operating temperature required for a regen to carry out.

Let me ask you something:
1) Are you having issues with glow plugs also?
2) Do you have a 480A code stored?

If so read this: 2006 E91 330d DPF warning Woes. You'll see my contribution in the last post: from that point on my dad's 325d has been fine.

I did check the thermostat in my 35d and it was indeed on it's way out. Here's the post: X5 35d engine temperature - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Let me know!!!

DPF do not clogged just like catalytic converters do not just die unless there is an underlying problem

Sponsored Links