View Single Post
Old 01-27-2015, 06:13 PM

Qsilver7 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcredliner View Post
The reason I was wondering if there is a sensor just for the outside mirror is that the outside mirror is dark and the rearview mirror seems to be normal.
If you look closely at the mirror that is always dark...can you see a bubble...or some type of irregularity?

These mirrors have a conductive gel between 2 layers of glass that remains transparent under normal conditions (daylight). As the sensors detect nightfall (ambient light sensor) and headlight glare (sensor on face of mirror) voltage is applied and darkens the mirror.

Mirror failure can occur when there's a breach and air or water get between the 2 layers of glass...so that's why I ask if you see some irregularity in the mirror glass that could indicate a serious failure.

Also, check the wiring harness to make sure there's not an issue on that end. Have you done any work around the doors that may have affected the wiring that runs from the interior rear view mirror to the side mirror?
Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
  • 2015 f06 650ix GC (Moonstone exterior/Cohiba brown Merino Leather interior)
  • 2014 f15 X5 50i (Space Gray exterior/Mocha Nappa Leather interior)

Sponsored Links