View Single Post
Old 01-29-2015, 12:05 PM

e28jay is on a distinguished road
My new to me 2005 4.4 Sport Beach Cruiser

Hi Guys,

Been lurking on this forum for a few months now. I finally purchased a 2005 4.4 Sport with all the options I was hoping to find. It needed some maintenance items but lucky for me it also needed tires.

I live four blocks from beach access where I can actually drive, camp, bonfire or off road in the sand dunes (which I will not be doing). So I am taking a slightly different approach to my X5. I'm not going balls to the wall off road. But I did need some ground clearance for the sand and clearance for larger all terrain tires. The last thing I want, is to get stuck in the sand in an X5. My last family SUV was a Dodge Durango that was able to handle everything, never let me down and never let me stuck in snow or sand. I won't be tearing up the sand dunes in this thing but I will be hauling the family down to the beach for surfing and bonfires.

So here she is on 275/60/18 Yokohama Geolanders. 15mm ECS spacers up front and H&R 30mm in the rear.

I've already spoken to the guys at Fluid Motor Union and have been added to their list of interested people for their spacer lift kit. It's a few months out.

My other rides are:
1974 2002tii (Project)
1988 535is (Garage queen)
1991 318is (Son)
2000 323iT (Wife)
Attached Images

Sponsored Links