View Single Post
Old 02-23-2015, 03:06 PM

ZetaTre is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattle View Post
$150? Wow.
My local dealer quoted $90. Assuming OEM (is OEM even a good thing anymore?).

ZetaTre/lcapital,
Is the temperature on yours still happily 89-91 since t-stat replacement?
Mi wife drives the X5 so I don't monitor it on a daily basis, but whenever I drive it, the temperature is constant in the operating range. I'll ask her if she lets me drive it for a couple of days and I do some logging, including see if it holds temp when you floor it.

HOWEVER my dad is back at having longer warmups after about 70K km (45K miles). He had the dealer in Italy warranty the old one and now has to replace it again. We live up in the Alps and he said that no matter what was the outside temperature the car would get and stay in the operating range, but not recently and again while cruising at 70 mph on a flat he still sees the temp dropping below 80/75.

We'll see when he replaces it again if things get restored, but if that's the case, these thermostats are pretty much cacca

And by the way people, the MSRP of the thermostat is $79.05 so don't get stiffed by your dealer... Granted they shouldn't be jacking up price 2 fold, but for the love of God, think with your head not your wallet... Seriously...

Sponsored Links