View Single Post
Old 03-01-2015, 07:04 AM

josiahg52 is on a distinguished road
Spoke too soon. It was -13C this morning and it exhibited the same problem.

When I spoke to the service advisor some weeks ago he said it was due to water/moisture in the mechanism(s) that freezes and that he repairs it "all the time" by lubricating it and it just "comes back." I did get a car wash yesterday but I don't see how that much liquid could get inside there and if it did then there is a defective part elsewhere. And why the driver door only? The other doors work fine all the way to 20C below.

I now feel sure that the actual issue resides in the interior side of the door near the handle itself or else why didn't the lubrication help at all and why does a few minutes of warm air on the handle allow me to operate the door as designed? I have to get the door card off and take a look once it warms up.

In the meantime, I'm going to relubricate the mechanism, let it get warmed up, ensure I don't get any water around it and see if the problem returns. I think I'm going to run out of cold enough days, though.

Sponsored Links