View Single Post
Old 03-21-2015, 08:30 AM

diyanich is on a distinguished road
JCL

My observation is that the majority of people reply here simply to convince themselves that they did right by refilling it with the fluid of their choice.It's true,that most of them won't have any issues if they drive Xes to get some groceries ,no harder.But for instance it would be interesting if they challenged their trannies towing and speeding to the permitted limits.Probably then the result would be different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCL View Post
I thought they did come out with that. It is called the spec for Lifeguard 6. It is different than Lifeguard 5, for example. So if someone claims that they meet both specs with the same fluid, as an example, then that claim is suspect. ZF license the spec. No need to buy it from them, they list all the oil companies that make it. Use any one you like. Or use a generic fluid, at your own risk. That LM fluid appears to be a Dexron III, as that is the first spec they say they meet. They go on to recommend it for a long list of vehicles calling for fluids that are known to be non compatible with Dexron III.

Sponsored Links