View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015, 11:19 AM

TerryZ91 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the overnight draining tip and also the cap on the fill plug. I'm going to check that before I start this thing. Was the filter held by screws?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow&Steady View Post
I just did mine, and the 1st thing you need to do is look at your fill plug. Mine was capped off and I had to use a dremil and pic to remove the plastic so I could remove the fill plug, ( BMW don't want you changing it) After that I drained the oldfluid in a clean new container. Then removed the Trans pan. Cleaned it all up, swapped out the filter and put the pan back on. The only thing I did was replace 2 old quarts of fluid with 2 new ones and used the rest of the old Trans fluid. I didnt want to clean out the Trans to quickly. This way the 2 new Quarts will slowly clean the trans and maybe late this fall I will drain and re-fill with 4 new quarts. I have to say after swapping 2 new quarts in the 2 to 1 downshifts are not a noticeable. I don't know what the Tq specs were. I guessed. ( yes I know I'm going to he## and my trans is going to fall out without proper tq procedure). Oh, with 120K miles my trans fluid didn't look as bad as I expected. It was slick like motor oil and didn't smell to bad.
If you can pull the drain plug at night and let it drain all night you will appreciate that the next morning when trans fluid isn't dripping all over.

Good luck.

Sponsored Links