View Single Post
Old 04-06-2015, 09:37 PM
Premier Member

BimmerM3inGA is on a distinguished road
Upgraded from MK2 -> Mk4, Have a Couple Questions

I have a 2001 740i which came equipped with the MK2 nav system. The nav computer recently croaked (blank screen with white lines and radio quits after a few minutes). I had a complete MK4 system from a '05 X5 and swapped it into the 740. It seems to be working fine, but I have a couple of questions about it. The 740 is the first BMW I've owned with factory nav, so I'm having a lot to learn!

1. When playing the radio on the old MK2 system, the top 1/3 of the screen would display the station, preset number, and a few other things. The bottom 2/3 of the screen would display OBC data. The MK4 system only displays the radio station on the top 1/3 of the screen and the rest is blank. I tried both the original 4:3 head unit and the 16:9 and both were the same. Is there a way to display the OBC data along with the radio station on the MK4?

2. In the Service menu, the MK4 system has the VIN from the X5, and displays "X5" for the model information. Is there a way to update that with the VIN and model for the car it's installed in now?

Sponsored Links