View Single Post
Old 04-15-2015, 10:35 AM

acthad is on a distinguished road
E70 is a niche car

Who would have thought an E70 would be like the other cult bmw cars like an e30/e36 for an SUV LOL

VW/Audi/Porsche products are way more in the shop than a bmw, I had an A4 wagon, I was at the dealer every 6-8 weeks like clockwork. So I will never buy another Audi for sure...

GX470 is extremely reliable and was considering too, or leasing a new GX460 for $499/mo but don't think I can live with the handling since it is more of an off roader based on a 4Runner.

I am willing to forgoe the adaptive drive since it is what broke already once for me and was $1,200 to replace a front passenger strut that was good, but the sensor box took a hit from moisture and shorted out. Dang Chicago Winters! Just did a battery too through the stealer with my cca discount it was $520 installed!

Yes the newer ones are less equipped on average used or very expensive if well equipped since they are rare.

Never seen an e70 referred to as Holy Grail! LOL But I can see your point with equipment combo rarity. Most 3.5i/3.5d's I have seen are only base models with or without Nav on 19s. Sport and Tech Pkgs are the only additions. Also only have seen fullly loaded 5.0i's otherwise in the Chicago Area.

May just keep my E70 with 29k mi and risk it for now. I also have shopped extended warranties but do not want to a lump sum of $5g's for a 5yr/100k mi exclusionary warranty since it is not cancelable but covers everything unconditionally like a new car warranty. If gas goes through the roof I want to be able to get out of it. Otherwise cancelable cheaper ones only cover a basic car vs a loaded bmw. Some may but they are too new or small of warranty company for my liking.

Sponsored Links