View Single Post
Old 04-30-2015, 11:08 AM

TiAgX5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKEY53 View Post
I've got the same Karcher as you purchased.

When you say 'pre-soak' - are you talking about adding a foam lance to the Karcher?

Foam lance is what I'd use ideally for a pre-soak. The snow foam loosens then lifts all the dirt and debris off the paint, meaning you don't have to agitate with a wash mitt (so no scratching). Get a quality lance, not the plastic Karcher one. Auto-Brite have a quality lance but there are many other rebranded versions of the same thing.

You need a snow foam solution - I use Auto-Brite Magifoam, works well, but the dwell time is insane - it will literally be on your driveway in big foamy blobs for hours afterwards.

I've heard that Optimum No Rinse (ONR) works well in a foam lance - I'll be trying this next as it's uses are endless - bucket wash, snow foam, detail spray etc.

My process is:

High pressure hose the car - snow foam the car with lance - high pressure hose it down - two bucket wash method - water sheet to rinse - leaf blower dry - mop up residue with large waffle weave towel.

Black cars need that level of attention - but with my silver car it's a lot more forgiving!
Thanks Smokey.

I guess I'm "on the hook" with the Karcher foam lance, Karacher has already shipped it out. If I don't like the results I will purchase the Auto-Brite snow foam lance (seen a few demo vids online, that thing makes tons of foam (2oz of solution BURIES a car in a foam mountain!).

Will look into MagiFoam & ONR solution retailers online.

Thanks for the rundown on your process, I will follow these directions.

Looking forward to using this, should cut the car cleaning time by around 80%.

Sponsored Links