View Single Post
Old 05-24-2015, 03:56 AM

Green Dragon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by g300d View Post
Nice!!!

What exhaust do you have on for the vids? Headers of course, but what about the rest of the piping?
I kept the factory middle resonator/ middle muffler in place. The rear mufflers were deleted with magnaflow resonators taking it's place to help refine the engine note. I'm doing a similar setup this time, but went with a common resonator that the E46 ///M3 guys run to kill rasp and tune the I6 sound. It's a ceramic packed straight through high flow resonator made by Aero/Jones full Boar. The idea is to take adavantage of the large factory middle muffler as it seems to do a good job of keeping things quite, gives a nice tone and isn't very restrictive. The rear mufflers are heavy and and relatively restrictive. You'll gain a couple mpg's, free up a smidge of power and some character to the exhaust note, and honestly drone isn't an issue. Once headers are added to the equation, it's transformed to quite an exotic sound and aggressive sound when you put your foot in it. I really loved it. I'm going with a cheap set of eBay headers this time and having my local muffler shop slightly modify them to adapt, as they are meant for the E46/e36. Not a big deal. I dropped some coin on the last set and in hindsight, wasn't nessary imho.

BTW, the first half of the video was a sound clip with the mic placed outside the vehicle on the rear bumper. The exhaust was connected at that point and was the only audio I captured of it at that stage. Sadly I was clipped hard a couple weeks later, and the X totaled. (not my fault, but still sad.) It kept my wife and I safe, most importantly.
2005 X5 3.0, 6MT, Alpine White on Truffle Brown, Sport, Preim, and Cold Weather, Alpina Stainless Headers, AFe Intake, UUC SSK, OEM 87's, 3.64 Differential Swap,Performance Modified Euro 2 Tune, UUC LTW Flywheel and HD clutch, Bilstein B12 Suspension kit
Future mods ZHP/Schrick Cam Shaft upgrade, Operation code name:Doppelschrauben-Kompressor

Wife's Ride: 2011 e70 X5 351 M///Sport.

Also in the fold: 2004 X3 3.0, 6MT, Black Sapphire on Terracotta, port, Premium, Cold Weather.

Sponsored Links