View Single Post
Old 05-25-2015, 06:23 PM

Qsilver7 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayufa View Post
Had these for about 6 months. About a month ago I started finding my trunk open in the garage when I leave the car unlocked overnight. The other day it opened while I was driving which I am obviously concerned about. Occasionally when I open the trunk I can hear the lock going crazy locking-unlocking. Will most likely uninstall the springs... it is a sweet mod but not worth the issues I am experiencing.
The issues you describe appears to be something other than the "springs" you installed.

For instance, the SCA (soft close actuator) is designed not to open the liftgate while the vehicle is in motion...if that occurred as you say...something in the SCA system or GM is not operating correctly (see SCA FUNCTIONS in inf below).

If nothing else...pull the K112 relay and reinsert it (check for corrosion or other signs of trouble first, though). The k112 relay should be the very last relay in the cargo fuse box (I believe it's purple) closest to the right rear tail light.

In the faceift x5 (2004-2006 model year)...the K112 relay which controls the SCA open functions...is the purple relay on the far right in pic below in the rear cargo area fuse /relay box:

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
  • 2015 f06 650ix GC (Moonstone exterior/Cohiba brown Merino Leather interior)
  • 2014 f15 X5 50i (Space Gray exterior/Mocha Nappa Leather interior)

Sponsored Links