View Single Post
Old 07-22-2015, 12:45 AM

admranger is on a distinguished road
Unless you drive on really bumpy roads (or ones full of potholes), look at Bilstein Sports (yellows).

I got them from shox.com for my 4.4i. I like a 'sportier' ride though. The alternative are the Bilstein touring ones.

Be careful using a spring compressor if you haven't used one before. There is a lot of energy in those springs. A. Lot.

Pro trick. Put the spring compressor on the strut assembly after using a jack to compress the strut assembly on the car. That way you save a lot of cranking time with wrenches (if you don't have air tools -- if you do, never mind)...

Check your spring pads to see if they need replacing. They harden over time and sometimes break. You don't want to wait for them to come in with the car disassembled. Might make more sense to buy new ones ahead of time.

Also, get new rear shock mounts. Clean and regrease the upper strut bearings. If the rubber part of the upper shock bearings is looking iffy, replace (not cheap, but a good idea). Since you have to remove the sway bar end links, now is the time to replace them if you haven't.

Good luck!
2011 E90M3, 6-speed manual

Sponsored Links