View Single Post
Old 08-26-2015, 09:18 AM
Hell on wheels....

cmyX6go will become famous soon enough
I thought I'd post more observations. I don't mean for this to be negative, these are just things that have jumped out at me over the past few days.

There is a pop up speaker in the center of the top of the dash right behind the iDrive screen. Although the top is black, the inside is like an aluminum. The sun bounces off it causing an almost strobe light effect. Very distracting.

No more up and down arrows on the steering wheel for scrolling through the radio presets. There is a wheel you press which brings up the presets on the HUD. Same result but I prefer the arrows.

The door locks are now on the door. Makes more sense than in the center of the dash. The hatch release is also located on the door near the window controls.

The heated steering wheel button is now on the steering column down next to the tilt/telescopic control. I went crazy trying to find it when I noticed it wasn't on the steering wheel. I thought they didn't include the option but found the new placement in the manual.

I don't know what the proper terminology is for this. I always kept the ///M in sports mode on the highway while driving in slow or stop and go traffic. It seemed to hold me back as soon as I took my foot off the gas or while coasting, reducing the need to either down shift or hit the brakes. I no longer feel that.

Still not happy with the seat design but I'm getting used to them.

That's all for now.

Oh wait, why is it that every new car I get comes with an idiot magnet? I can't begin to count how many morons have come close to blasting me this week. Like the car in the middle lane on the highway with no one in front of them that decided to shoot into the left in front of me with no blinker or warning causing me to NAIL the brakes. Or the person last night that crossed the center line pushing me almost on the sidewalk so I didn't get sideswiped.

Current:
2016 X6 ///M Black Sapphire Metallic

Last edited by cmyX6go; 09-01-2015 at 04:29 PM.

Sponsored Links