View Single Post
Old 09-07-2015, 01:42 PM

TriX5 is on a distinguished road
Pile of parts is getting bigger

Radiator is out and one of the side boxes is leaking ever so slightly, some traces of coolant on the side. The power steering reservoir is out, not sure why it sweats oil or if the cap is leaking.

I just have to decide which of the AC lines to disconnect. Are they sealed by a rubber element or some other magical compound? Anyone had these apart?

I undid most of the electrical connections on the front of the engine, just have to do the A/C control, the starter motor line and the oil level wire. Undid the fuel line but need to do the vacuum hose for the brakes and 12V main cable. Once I un-clip the plug controllers then I can lift the fuel rail and electrical boxes off. Once I get the coolant hoses on the back off and the steering shaft apart then the top end is done.

On the bottom I have to take the rear drive shaft off and take the wiring harness off then unbolt the transmission carrier.

Every time I think I have more time for this I get distracted by travel for work but still advancing a bit more this weekend. October should be quieter and more time for this project.
Attached Images

Sold but not forgotten:
2009 E70 35d, black ext./black int./black headliner (sold 2021)
2006 4.8iS Le Mans blue/cream int./black headliner, SOLD in 2012 sadly...

Other hardware:
2015 Cayenne S (wife's new DD and definitely wroooommmmm)
2016 Tundra 1794 edition crew cab, luxo hauler
2005 Tundra crew cab, weekend hauler. Sold after 150k very happy miles.

Last edited by TriX5; 09-07-2015 at 03:38 PM.

Sponsored Links