View Single Post
Old 09-16-2015, 02:38 PM

bvbazel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkycosmos View Post
bvbazel,

Have you confirmed the fluid level is correct in your trans? Before I took any actions to repair had a bit of hanging in gears when cooler which would clear up a bit when warmer. Part of the theory there is that the fluid does expand when warmer and the trans shifts horribly if fluid is low. However I do not know for sure if 'hanging in gear' can be caused by low fluid.

In my case I found the electronics connector where wire harness plugs into trans had a minor leak (common on these ZF trans). From this, and how many liters of fluid I had to put back in, I think my trans was about a liter low. This plug seal is very easy to change once you drop the transmission pan. However if you are going that far I would encourage you to also drop the valve body (few more bolts) and change the rubber seals between valve body and clutch pack.

What 'we' do know is that the fluid sent from the valve body into trans clutches is under high pressure and so when the rubber seals between the valve body and clutches are 'leaking' the shifting can be delayed. These are the rubber seals a few of us here have replaced.

As for your idea on the yaw sensor, I am not sure. The trans computer sure does take input from the yaw but I saw no worse behavior by my trans when my yaw sensor was fried however that was all before I fixed up my trans to shift better. If you have access to 'software' you can connect and see all outputs from the sensor. Here is a link from a prior issue I worked through (not related to my trans) my post (#4) in that thread shows the output. http://www.xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-foru...al-solved.html

Do please post back whatever you learn please.
i did replaced the zf fluid and filter last month the level as where it should but didnt fix the problem, this weekend i am planing to change all the seals by dropping the valve body and change the rubber seals between valve body and clutch pack too , i will keep you guys updated after i am done if it fixed the issue, for now the car drives fine and shifts fine when drive gently without raving it to high speeds from take off. but having 4.8 x whats the point if you cant drive like one .... so i just ordered all the parts as i mentioned in previous post, should have them o Friday so lets hope for this weekend that the issue will be gone , Thank you for your feedback on the yaw i will check that as well before replacing it !!!

Sponsored Links