View Single Post
Old 09-20-2015, 01:56 PM

apw2607 is on a distinguished road
FS: Ultimate iDrive CIC + Combox retrofit upgrade

** Price Drop ** $1800 including shipping within the USA. (Canada we will need to discuss)

Hi all.

I'm finally selling my beloved e70 X5. Really sorry to see it go, the best car and BMW i've ever owned. Barring none. That said, as many of you know I upgraded the CIC and TCU/MULF2 to Combox back in 2011.

CIC retrofit post: http://www.xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-foru...ch-patryk.html

Combox retrofit post:

http://www.xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-foru...ch-patryk.html

So I'm now selling this equipment to a fellow Xoutpost member.

This retrofit is especially unique for a number of reasons.

1) You will get a USA CIC with 2011 maps installed. Purchased new by me and is in immaculate condition. Yes. Every single CIC retrofit that you see advertised uses a european used CIC. European CICs do not support HD radio and WB radio. So you will be able to receive HD radio and WB radio with this USA CIC.

2) You will get every single part you need for the retrofit. This includes the Glovebox trim piece for the USB connector. The bottom trim piece for the idrive controller. The Climate control trim piece. You will get a retrofit harness for TCU/MULF2 to Combox. You will get even the Bluetooth connector shell for the Combox. None of these small "details" you see advertised in these retrofits.

3) The CIC is pre-coded and works with the Navigation, Voice control, PDC and rear view camera activation module. Also the module allows internet to be used when driving and video in-motion. Care should always be taken to use these features when driving. The CIC is also coded to work with the supplied combox to work with BMW Apps, BMW Live and BMW Internet.

4) If you car comes with a DVD changer- the kit comes with the necessary video cable to allow you to use the DVD changer to playback video to the CIC.

5) Finally you get a step-by-step instructions written by me to peform the retrofit.

If for whatever reason your car needs coding to work with specific features and options of your car (my car had every option other than rear view entertainment so you should be covered) ... then Patryk at Bimmer-tech will be able to do remote coding for a small fee. Please check with Patryk for more details. Bimmer-Tech can also update the maps for you for a fee if you would like the latest on your car.

All equipment is in A+ condition and all works perfectly.

Price is $1800 (including shipping) or local pickup. I'm willing to accept offers but given this is pre-coded, a USA CIC, Combox included and every singe part you need + instructions ... I think this is a very competitive price.

Full Kit includes:

1) USA CIC (HD Radio + WB Radio) with 2011 maps
2) CID Screen
3) CID Screen Display Cable
4) IDrive controller + Top Trim piece + Bottom trim piece
5) USB Cable + USB Connector + Glovebox trim for USB
6) Activation module supporting Navigation, Voice Control, PDC and Rear Camera
7) DVD Changer Video cable
8) Climate control trim piece
9) Combox Media
10) Combox Media to MULF2/TCU retrofit harness
11) Bluetooth connector shell for Combox Media + MOST Terminator for MULF2