View Single Post
Old 11-04-2015, 07:21 AM

fxslin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cham View Post
any update on how youve like the headunit? theyve got a new one now and Im trying to choose between the 2.

tia
https://www.eonon.com/Car-GPS/Specif...MW/D5166X.html
Well I like so far, HW wise everything seems to work fine. I've been playing around with modded android roms, causing some issues (but thats is due to my hacking on the software). However with a stock android rom, it runs fine and is stable.

Only once in a while the backup camera doesn't kick in, then I just need to re-enter it into reverse quickly. This could be due the how I wired it up (happens maybe 1 out 20 times).

I can't really give any advices on which unit you should choose. It boils down to what software you want to have on it (I preferer android based system as it easy to install software from android market) and how you want it to "fit" in to your dashboard.

If I would a buy a new unit today. I would go for a another android based system with quad core CPU (RK3188) + at least 1024x600 resolution screen.

Similar to this one:
Joying® Aftermarket Best Android Head Unit, Android Car Stereo, Android Car Radio Audio JOYING® Latest 2015 BMW 5 Series E39 M5 X5 E53 Android 4.4.4 kitkat Single 1 Din In Dash Car Audio Stereo DVD Player Bluetooth Quad Core 1024*600 GPS NAV Multimed

Note:
A lot of this android unit comes from the same manufacturer, where re-seller just slaps on their logo + model name on it. Even the android roms they makes is useable across the devices. Now I run a modded version from joying on my eonon unit.
I've seen these units as unbranded products a lot cheaper on aliexpress and similar sites. However I have no experience with ordering products from these sites.

Last edited by fxslin; 11-04-2015 at 06:14 PM.

Sponsored Links