View Single Post
Old 12-24-2015, 11:10 AM

Qsilver7 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by g300d View Post
Anyone have the part numbers for the updated spring loaded bump stops?

I tried realoem but they only have one part number listed and googling for pics of it showed the standard screw-adjustable type.
Understanding realoem.com:

The reason realoem.com & bmwfans.info only have 1 part nbr is...that part nbr superceded all the other (older) part nbrs that were previously used. When you run into multiple or seemingly 1 part nbr...if you click on that nbr for more details...those site's will list all the bmw models that can use that nbr & why...in this case...part nbrs 51 24 7 171 557/558 (left/right) are prominently listed as superceded part nbrs that fit retrospectively.

Click this link to see what I mean...this is the info realoem.com gives when you click on the one for the right side (part # 51247171558): RealOEM.com - Part Search

Do note that there's 2 distinct stoppers...one for the left side & one for the right...only those 2 stoppers are used now (for each side) regardless of model year/build date.

Hope this clarifies the 1 part nbr.
Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
  • 2015 f06 650ix GC (Moonstone exterior/Cohiba brown Merino Leather interior)
  • 2014 f15 X5 50i (Space Gray exterior/Mocha Nappa Leather interior)

Sponsored Links