View Single Post
Old 01-09-2016, 10:47 PM

admranger is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MINIz guy View Post
I know the early revisions were pretty buggy, back when it was called BMWhat app, so that's why I didn't adopt it that quickly. However, I've been meaning to upgrade my diagnostics laptop (Dell D630 loaded with INPA/DIS) and stumbled upon a compelling thread using Carly as a new substitute to INPA/DIS because of the speed of it. What would take me 10 minutes to do takes 2 minutes, and the UI is so much more friendly.

I think there is a place for Carly. As always with coding, connect your car up to a charger so you don't brick your modules; in my case, I left the car running so the alternator could keep the battery charged.
So, I found Carly's website to be abysmal at telling me all the things it could do. It was like a phone tree...bad design imho.

Soooooo, can Carly do things like reset the xDrive adaptations, cycle the DSC/ABS pump when bleeding the brakes, etc. like DIS? I couldn't tell from their website. All I could tell from their website is it can code and reset my battery (for an extra charge, of course...).
2011 E90M3, 6-speed manual

Sponsored Links