View Single Post
Old 01-14-2016, 05:03 PM

Tomdownunder is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by we350z View Post
The blue/white wire labeled 'AMP-CON' should be the 12V switched power remote wire for an external AMP I think this is a pretty standard color but sometimes is brown on stereo head unit wiring harnesses.

The blue wire labeled 'ANT' should the 12V switched power remote wire for an external antenna

I don't think connecting them sounds advisable. I think either one should switch on the radio control unit or the amp when connected to the appropriate pin.

I suppose i could just try to wire the Radio Control Unit / AMP to a 12V ACC source in the rear but ideally they should turn on and off with the Eonon head unit.

First things first I'll just connect them to a 12V source with the head unit powered on to make sure they stay on.
Like I said previously, not sure about blue and white. On mine there were two blue wires coming out of the back. There was also a blue wire on the antenna adapter. All three of these blue wires had a bullet type connector on them. The two from the back of the unit were a male and female connector. The supplier said to connect the blue one on the antenna adapter to the blue one from the unit which said ant. This didn't work for the radio and I found another post which said the other blue wire was for antenna amp so connecting the two coming out of the back of the unit together made the radio work as it amplified the antenna signal.

I don't have an external amp, so I can't really comment on power for that, but if it was me I would use a multi meter and see what wire becomes 12V+ after the unit is powered up and use that for an amp trigger wire (via a relay).

Sponsored Links