View Single Post
Old 01-19-2016, 11:06 PM

tecboy99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejeansonfire View Post
I love my X5! We've been together since february of this year. She came to replace my abusive relationship with a '92 cummins dually i sold a month earlier. The dually was intended to be a daily that could easily pull a two car trailer. It initially cost $1400, so you can imagine how nice that truck had to be. Things were rough. I spent years trying to make her better. But ultimately my trailer was too big. So the dually and its crap were unnecessary.

I sought to avoid transmission troubles as lived in fears of my 46rh suddenly giving up. So I wanted a manual. Given some familiarity with m5x engines and the manual gearing, I knew what 4.11 gearing meant, so a 6 speed was really desired. I found this one in south miami with a few quirks, but mostly pretty straight, 79k miles at the time. made 02/04. She's pretty much a complete stripper. I was shocked to learn that some facelift x5s didnt have extended sunroofs.

I havent done much to her. But as it was immediately necessary, i bought the cheap subframe mounted tow bar, made some wiring and installed an electric brake controller.

So far the x5 and I have made the fl-dc trip 3 times and 5 local florida events. So far so good. Except the mileage, i was expecting better. But with a little work, I think I can get it to 15 with a loaded rack.
[/URL]
Thats awesome! I bet 1st is coming in handy. How is towing performance? I've never towed with the X5. Maybe I should put a hitch on it...
Premium & Cold Weather Packs, Nav,
Tons of lighting mods, 4.8is Exhaust, Headers, Eibach Springs, OEM 87's, Custom DME Tune, OEM Hitch.

2005 X3 3.0i - 100K - Blue water Metallic / Black

2005 X5 3.0i - 140K - Alpine White / Hellbeige 2

Sponsored Links