View Single Post
Old 02-03-2016, 01:52 PM

MudyOvl is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
Has anyone found a way to display video on the front nav screen?

I'd like to tie the rear seat DVD/iPod system (OEM) to the dash screen.

Unsafe? Safety is up to the driver. TV doesn't make the car unsafe, only the driver does. If you sit and stare at it instead of the road, you're a moron. Since I'm not a moron, I'd rather have the choice to look at the screen when it's safe to do so. I.e. driving across UT, NV, WY, MT, etc while playing Caddyshack, you don't have to do more than glance at the screen now and then to be reminded what's going on. If anything, it improves safety by keeping you awake on long drives.

Any solutions? Usually euro cars have 'euro tv tuner' options that allow A/V input - I'd think BMW would have something like this, even if it's not for sale in the Nanny States of America...
Any input from anyone on this? I have see interfaces that are installed between the LVDS cable from the controller to the dash screen. The interface has two RCA video inputs that you can display on your dash screen by hitting the <MENU> button by your iDrive knob. I would like to know if anyone has done this. I would like to input the video from a camera on the back of my travel trailer to see who is behind me and for better road awareness when changing lanes. Thanks!
'05 Porsche Cayenne-TRADED-IN
'95 LR Disco I-SOLD
'62 Apache Eagle Pop-up Camper-SOLD
'15 Flagstaff Micro Lite 23LB (Our HoW, House on Wheels)-SOLD

Sponsored Links