View Single Post
Old 02-10-2016, 01:51 PM

Ricky Bobby will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVB-AMG View Post
I live in NJ, one of the most unfriendly gun states in the country. If and when I or anyone else decides to purchase any gun out-of-state via the internet, it has to be shipped to a licensed gun dealer who serves as a FFL in NJ. Then I or anyone else has to go through the national NICS federal database search and approval process before the FFL gun dealer can finalize the gun deal, transferring the gun to the purchaser. I do not have a problem with that. Is it a PITA, yes, but if it does prevent someone who should not be allowed to purchase a gun then it is working as intended.

Having said that, I firmly believe that too many self-proclaimed liberals have a knee-jerk reaction to any horrific mass shooting incident with the response that "we have to do something to prevent this from happening again".
That response is usually some proposed state legislation that is well intentioned, but not very well thought out. All of us law-abiding gun enthusiasts are tarred and feathered by the anti-gun folks who want to impose even more gun regulations that will not have the intended effect.

Criminals do not abide by any laws and will continue to obtain guns illegally, and the result of additional gun laws will be to just impose further restrictions on all of law-abiding US Citizens and not stop or prevent the lone wolf, mentally disturbed individual from getting a gun and doing or attempting to do some horrific mass shooting.

AVB-AMG

Agree with all the above as also a resident of NJ - look at our neighbors/friends to the north with the UNsafe Act in New York - my buddy can't even buy ammo online, and don't they have a 10 round magazine cap now? Friggin ridiculous. I am thankful I can still buy ammo online (most places require your FID to do so along with drivers license) as it would be really annoying to not be able to buy in bulk online.

And yes, agreed about online purchases, by the time you do the shipping, FFL fee to your dealer, you may as well walk to your local gun shop and just ask them what the out the door price is, you may not be getting as good of a deal as you thought.

Just wanted to update, joined the 12-gauge and .22 LR club the other day - got a Mossberg 500 Classic, already swapped out for 12" Hogue LOP stock/forend, and 18.5" barrel and Mossberg heat shield, dressed up for tactical/home defense, but I also have the 24" barrel and wood furniture it came with if I go hunting or do some outdoor shooting - this is a seriously sturdy and well built shotgun, I'm sure it will probably outlive me.

Wife got herself a Ruger 10/22 LR Takedown, shes petite so if we go shooting with long guns she'd need something that wouldn't kill her much with recoil - its another nice, well built piece of equipment, very impressed, even came with a nice backpack type range bag. Just need to order a few 15 round magazines from Ruger to keep in the bag, I have 2 of the 10 rounders but the longer curved magazines just scream bad-ass rifle. Piggybacking my state, I am not able to legally own/purchase the Ruger 25 round magazines, sigh.

Looking forward to putting some rounds through both of these. Took advantage of Sportsman's Guide's free 30-day buyers club membership, which saved me $28 on ammo and $20 on an introductory free shipping offer. I probably will cancel the membership before the 30 days
82k miles - Alpine White/Cinnamon Brown/Premium Pkg, Sport Activity/Premium Pkg and Sound/20" Style 214/Running Boards

Sponsored Links