View Single Post
Old 03-19-2016, 05:31 PM

PR1AWRet is on a distinguished road
What OBD Scanner

I have to pick up an OBD scanner for the 2002 X5 4.4. I know there are specific scanners just for the BMW and all the modules. Since I need to get one I'd like one that works with most cars (OBDII) and all of their modules without paying $500 or a lot more. Anything out there like this?

Update:
I spent around 4 hours looking at multicar scanners that would test things for American, Asian, and European vehicles. I couldn't find an inexpensive reader that would test all BMW modules. Engine, automatic transmission (A/T), airbag, and ABS were covered but of course I wanted more. So I bought a BMW specific reader. It's the iCarsoft i910-2 OBD2 Engine Vehicle Diagnostic Tool Code Fault Multi-System OBD-II Scanner & Oil Reset. $73 with 15% coupon and 1.5% for using the debit card. It'll be here by the end of the week. From jet.com. The cheapest on Amazon was $130 and $88 at my favorite auction house. I'll have to get a separate reader for my Jeep and Corvette.

I have a trans failsafe prog problem. It has a new battery and new alternator, I did a load test with positive results. The reason for the code reader.

Last edited by PR1AWRet; 03-19-2016 at 07:19 PM.

Sponsored Links