View Single Post
Old 04-05-2016, 07:53 AM

E533.0i is on a distinguished road
Question Drivers Front door will not open from outside or inside???

Hey guys,

So this morning my wife went out to the car.It is cold here in Jersey this morning about 25 degrees.The drivers door wount open from the outside or inside.From the outside when the handle is being pulled it seems as there is no detent.Normal the outside handle stops when there tension on the cable and then pops the door.None of that is present.Most of the door were frozen on the car due to the temperatures but opened.With the remote you can see the door actuator pulsing the door pin up and down on the door panel.Also from the inside same thing when the handle is being pulled is seems as there is no tensioner on the handle.I am thinking at this point maybe door handle has failed or the cable???But besides that how can I get the drivers door open without damaging the exterior or interior panel??Can the master switch be pulled and then that space used to open the door??

I replaced the passenger door handle last year however that door didn't open from the outside only.So that's why im guessing at this point.has anyone had this issue before and what was the fix??

Thanks guys!

Sponsored Links