View Single Post
Old 04-15-2016, 12:17 AM

Plattus1000 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by X53Jay4.8is View Post
isn't the timimg chain tensioner on a 4.6is on the passenger side of the engine? Or do I have the wrong engine that you are referring to?
Yes, dur. STARBOARD SIDE. Funny, I pictured it in my mind as I recalled the day. I remembered the 19mm deep socket, how hard it was to break free with a 6" ratchet so I used a breaker bar/tube to increase the leverage I had, the odd small inlet I noticed in the airbox I'd never noticed before, the aluminum washer someone replaced the o-ring with at some point on the tentioner I removed, how it was still quite warm upon removal, how the new one made by Bilstein had a nice "squish" sound when compressed and how after easily replacing it and putting the car back together the first start sounded horrible and I almost un-did everything to make sure I did it all correctly or not however I then recalled that it needed oil to get the tentioner to work right thus I was very pleased and reassured to hear the 2nd and subsequent starts all sound wonderful and quiet.

(longest run-on sentence I've ever written)
Even with all the recollections fresh in my mind...
In my head I was thinking of how I'd phrase it so brothers in the UK or anywhere RH drive is a thing, would understand. In that, I got lost as I typed.

Thanks for pointing that out!

Last edited by Plattus1000; 04-15-2016 at 12:31 AM.

Sponsored Links