View Single Post
Old 06-01-2016, 09:45 AM

Ricky Bobby will become famous soon enough
Honestly if they are already spewing grease just get the GKN Loebro replacements for both sides ($250 apiece) or buy the GKN outer boot kits ($20 apiece) and the outer CV joint part # 31607586433 -

I dont know where Febest part is made but I know from the dealer the outer CV joints are approx $170 - if you can cross reference the part # you can probably find the GKN part number and it would be cheaper than the dealer - I also am not a fan of shops doing rebuilds that regrind components, as it compromises integrity of the metallurgy, however, I do agree with them that you want to always keep your OE axles if you can - they are built to last hundreds of thousands of miles

Dont waste your time, money, or energy on parts store junk IMO - ok the "duralast" or Cardone has a lifetime warranty - that doesnt include your time - how many times do you want to do the axle job? Do it right or do it twice.
82k miles - Alpine White/Cinnamon Brown/Premium Pkg, Sport Activity/Premium Pkg and Sound/20" Style 214/Running Boards

Sponsored Links