View Single Post
Old 06-01-2016, 10:44 AM

upallnight is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
Honestly if they are already spewing grease just get the GKN Loebro replacements for both sides ($250 apiece) or buy the GKN outer boot kits ($20 apiece) and the outer CV joint part # 31607586433 -

I dont know where Febest part is made but I know from the dealer the outer CV joints are approx $170 - if you can cross reference the part # you can probably find the GKN part number and it would be cheaper than the dealer - I also am not a fan of shops doing rebuilds that regrind components, as it compromises integrity of the metallurgy, however, I do agree with them that you want to always keep your OE axles if you can - they are built to last hundreds of thousands of miles

Dont waste your time, money, or energy on parts store junk IMO - ok the "duralast" or Cardone has a lifetime warranty - that doesnt include your time - how many times do you want to do the axle job? Do it right or do it twice.
GERMAN QUALITY CONTROL: Our German quality control experts ensure that all parts are of the utmost quality. We have specially developed metals and rubbers that create a super durable, and long lasting end product. Base on their description, I would assume it is made in Germany.

Part is also available from Amazon with free shipping and a review of the part.

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: FEBEST 1910-X5 Outer CV Joint
Lotus Europa 1970 S2 Renault Powered
Lotus Type 52 1970 Twincam Webers Powered
PORSCHE 911 Targa 1982 The Garage Queen
Audi Avant donated to Kars for Kids
BMW 525IT Sold
Audi 4000CS Quattro Sold
Jensen Healey Lotus Powered Sold
Opel 1900 Sold
Triumph Spitfire 1971 Sold
Triumph Spitfire 1968 Sold
Plymouth "Cuda" 340 Six pack SOLD

Last edited by upallnight; 06-01-2016 at 10:50 AM.

Sponsored Links