View Single Post
Old 06-22-2016, 03:12 PM

williamx5 is on a distinguished road
TFP issues!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpoll View Post
Cross-posting from another thread - for the sake of "completeness".

This site will tell you where any electrical component is located: -

WDS BMW Wiring Diagram System - English

You'll need Java and Adobe SVG viewer but it's an amazing resource, with full component descriptions, locations and full circuit diagrams!
Good day!!

Thanks so much for the amazing wiring diagram site!! It allowed me to manually (the really hard way) to air up my suspension... Now I'm able to drive it!! WHOOO HOOO!! But, the bad part is I get a trans failsafe because my dash gear selection and the LED on the shifter console don't match... Well.... Kinda.... Park and Reverse match and I can do that all day with no Transmission Failsafe Programming (TFP)... As soon as I put it in Neutral or thru Neutral into Drive, I get TFP... So, I am guessing the selection controls under the shifter boot are working as it should... Where is the other control that tells the dash what gear I'm in... Additionally, If I go THRU Neutral quickly, the dash will stay on P and the car will act like it is in Neutral with no Drive gear activated in the trans... And it will stay like that until I put it into Neutral, at which time I get my TFP...

Thoughts!?

As always, yous guys are the best!! Thanks!!!

Cheers!!!
2008 Mini Cooper S ragtop (04-17-2008 build date) Dark Silver exterior / Gray interior ( Topless)
BMWCCA member (#4745)

Sponsored Links