View Single Post
Old 07-16-2016, 02:22 AM

phathom is on a distinguished road
Problem with backup camera on Eonon GA5166X

I recently purchased and installed the Eonon GA5166X. It works great so far. I also installed the backup camera they included with it,
A0110 Wide Angel Waterproof CMD Rear Reversing Parking Color Camera Free SHIP N8 | eBay

I ran the video wire up with the extension harness and hooked it up to the CAM port.
I ran the power wire to the reverse light wiring and spliced it in there with t-taps.

Before running the wire, I tested the camera with the deck in the hatch. I noticed that there were a few random scan lines in the picture. Nothing major, figured it was just a cheap cable/camera, but it was still perfectly viewable and usable. I finished the install and checked everything again.

Most of the time, I just get a black screen when I go into reverse. No picture at all. I get the guide lines, but that's it.
Some of the time, I'll get a picture, but it flashes violently and has tons of scan lines on it. It is almost seizure inducing, it looks like the Blair Witch.
I checked the connection behind the deck, when I remove it, I get a No camera symbol on the screen. So it is getting connection.

I sent a message to Eonon, hopefully they'll get back to me and it may just be a bad camera. But if not, has anyone ran into this? Is it maybe a bad power issue and I need to redo the connections there? Maybe cut the wire, solder the power cable in and heat shrink?

I took video of both of the problems, so maybe it can help shed some light on the problem.

Flashing screen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqJrAb3nzpk
Black screen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15jsuaB9AzI

Everything else on the deck works great, I'm just having a problem with this damn reverse camera, which was one draw I had to buying this bundle from them, instead of just getting the unit itself sans camera.

Sponsored Links