View Single Post
Old 08-06-2016, 12:38 PM

Gregory891 is on a distinguished road
I've retrofit PDC on my E53, you don't need to change the front or rear bumper. On the rear bumper cover (plastic) you simply need to made holes (marked from the inside) for the sensors. On the front, there are replacement covers (with the hole) that snap in / out for the outer corners. You need to make holes (the official instructions want you to remove the bumper to do so, but you can do it from the "outside) for the inner pair of sensors.

If you want to know more (I did a write-up and there is a good one from a US based guy that you can find on the web), PM me. The retrofit kit was NLA but I found some old stock ones in Spain & Andorra (my kit). Car does NOT need to be recoded.

It went so well I helped a friend retrofit it on HIS E53.

As for your hybrid of E46 parts, are you certain that the system you bought is rear only? What signals does it expect from the car? Does is require coding?
Factory Xenon headlights, Spyder LED tail lights
Updated vortex crankcase breather.
Motorsport dead pedal, factory fire extinguisher, factory first aid kit, factory F&R mud flaps, factory PDC

Bilstein B6 shocks F&R
Redline oil has replaced "lifetime" fluids (F&R diff, manual transmission, transfer case and P/S).
Dimple magnetic drain plugs in all compartments.

Sponsored Links