View Single Post
Old 12-12-2016, 03:50 PM

yodman is on a distinguished road
Mine is at 125,5xx as of this morning.

Just bought it a few months ago with 125,0xx on the clock. It's a 2001 3.0i 5A.

No rust, which is great considering its Michigan history, however it's been roughed up pretty good.

Driver seat is torn open on bottom outer bolster near seatback, both right side door panels have many busted clips (due to prior window regulator woes, I'm sure), but besides that, it's very clean for its age.

Body is another story. There's a fist-sized dent along the body creas in the upper tailgate. It's been smacked over the rear right wheel, which I can only assume bent the upper control arm as that wheel has some moderate negative camber (2.5*). Front left wheel has smacked a curb, likely, as it has 1,5* of positive camber. Front fenders and hood don't quite match the rest of the car. Windshield is spidered pretty good, and I was told it's a repo. The salvage title confirms this. I'll have it all repaired in due time, and I will have the title re-certified as well.

The headlights and taillights are faded, of course. It's lived outside its whole life, and probably will continue to do so, but with much greater care to be taken.

2001 E53 3.0i 5A - 32" BFG All-Terrains - A Restoration Project

1989 BMW 635csi - 17" Style 5s, Alpinweiss II over Natur leather, M30B35

Other Garage-mates:

2016 VW Golf SportWagen SE - Leaky Pano Sunroof

1983 Oldsmobile Hurst/Olds Cutlass Calais - Lightning Rods

1988 Volvo 745 Wagon - Awaiting a Ford heart transplant

2013 VW Beetle Turbo - Her daily

1990 VW Jetta Coupe VR6 - Her fun car - AutoFlex coated

1984 Mercedes 300SD - Her cruise ship

Sponsored Links